Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wk 25 Happy Fathers Day


All eyes are on the grand opening for the year of the Pawtuxet Farmers Market located behind the Masonic Lodge off Broad St. @ Rhodes on the Pawtuxet in Cranston this Sat. Jun.21st from 9-12pm. My wife Micki and I are excited to bring to the market local cheeses, breads, and salad dressing to complement our salad greens. Micki also makes soaps and lotions she markets as "Good, Clean, Fun" and they are. We have free trade coffee from New Harvest Roasters, a variety of breads from Olgas Cup and Saucer, and locally produced cheeses from Narragansett Creamery and Farmstead. I am cutting garlic curls which are only available at this time of year- sauteed or baked in olive oil, with our fresh rosemary can make some wonderful dishes. Sage is also available and it is flowering heavily.

This coming Sunday, Jun. 22nd is our Open House hosted by Innisfree Body Works 18 Post Rd. Pawtuxet Village from 11- 1:00pm. Please come socialize, network, and have fun over complimentary light lunch of baby greens, cheeses, bread, and refreshments. Meet the farmer and his wife and speak to David and Saundra about their wonderful services at Innisfree. I barter salad greens and eggs for body work which has done wonders for my broken back. I often tease David about hanging my once used crutches out front as testimony of his skill.

No comments: